going green


the decision to turn vegetarian came to me almost a month ago. i love animals, i mean who doesn't. but frankly the main reason why i chose to become a vegetarian was first and foremost to start eating more healthily and take care of myself. rather than grabbing at and munching down the first thing i lay my eyes or hands on, depending on which happens first, i now read the ingredient labels at the back of food packagings or jars and bottles. otherwise if i were to cook for myself, i'd choose to do it the less unhealthy way.

wanting to initially follow the vegan lifestyle, i decided i'd start off slow and see where this takes me. unlike vegetarians, vegans eliminate all animal products from their diets, including dairy and eggs. they also generally do not wear leather and avoid products made from animals such as wool and silk.

vegetarians do not eat meat, fish or poultry, but might eat dairy products such as cheese, eggs, yogurt or milk. therefore, i may be wrong but i'm what people call a lacto-ovo vegetarian who eats eggs as well as dairy products.

anyhow wish me luck on this personal quest of mine. other than that, i've been feeling much better about myself since i started this new diet, both physically and psychologically, though i may need to fix my messed up sleeping times and start embarking on some form of actual physical exercise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Meet the Author

Flickr Photostream